Sunday 2 August 2015

Important update and Runaway Boy #2

Hi guys! I have changed my mind. To fit in a small extract in 1 week is a bit bizarre. So I have decided: Since it's the summer holidays and I have some new-found time to kill, why not make the most of this writing project and write stories two times a week? Plus a normal post?! I don't know about you but I really enjoy writing for you guys and writing at least two times a week plus a normal post would be suitable for me! But please comment if you think it's too much or if you're  happy about the idea. So, I have two options, really:

1) I write the same story in a week. So a single story would be finished in 3 weeks. That means 6 posts! 


2) I write two different stories in a week with different genres. Eg: Runaway Boy (adventure) and a surprise second story. Both stories would finish in a month or so. But remember I will have a normal post as well. 


But the only downside is that when the summer holidays finish and everyone, including me, goes back to their busy schedule, I will have to retire back to one or two posts a week. 


But now, to compensate for my two stories a week, here is Runaway Boy #2!!



"Come on, Zander! That's it! Go on!"

A precautious toddler took a few uneasy steps towards the man before him. The little infant couldn't see the mans face but he had a nice warm voice. The kind of voice you trust. A few more apprehensive wobbly steps and he was in the man's strong arms. 
"Aww! Who's a little hiker!!" the man cooed, "Who's a little hiker? You! Yes, you are!" 

 Zander's eyes shot open before he could hear what else the nice man had to say. He breathed short, heavy breaths while sweat 

beads ran down his face. He let out a loud groan and slowly sat up. Zander's  hazy vision hadn't yet adjusted to the blinding light above him but at least he knew it was still day. But evening was fast approaching. The furthest he could recall about anything before was a sharp pain in his head. Something hard and unmerciful. And just like that he remembered. The bike, the woods, everything. Oh no. Jazmin! He had to go. Now.

Despite his tender condition, Zander quickly got up and began running towards his bike, his head spinning all the while through. He supposed that he began biking at quarter to 4 and fell around that time, so if it was nearly evening it had got to be 5 at the very least! He quickened his pace and at last came to his bike. At least what was left of it. 


The bike was on the floor with a missing wheel. The paint had been scraped but that had nothing to do with the fact that what should have been the handle was now gone. "What am I supposed to do now?'"He thought, panic taking hold of his mind. "What am I supposed to do now?'"He began pacing the floor out of habit. At long last he decided. He would have to run. Unwillingly. 


He started running and his mind began to wander through the dream. He felt like it had something to do with him. That it was meant for him. But he soon 

dismissed that theory. And focused on running

There you are! That is my extract. Sorry that it came out on Sunday! I will definitely be back on schedule by next Saturday! 


~PenGirl

Xx

7 comments:

  1. I think I like suggestion two better. I really like the beginning of the second extract.
    Abi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok second one it is!! Any suggestions on the genre?

      Delete
  2. Lovely story! The second idea seems better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rukiya! Any suggestions on the genre?

      Delete
  3. Change the genre each time: Adventure, happy, funny, spooky and so on.
    Abi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But if you do do that then please do quite a bit of funny ones because i love them!
      Abi

      Delete